Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sale madness in Melbourne

Picked an excellent time to visit Melbourne. Sales on everywhere, 50-70% off in most cases. However, mindful of my baggage limit on the flight home, I didn’t go completely crazy.
Except for Buttonmania. The sale was by weight; below cost Aussie $4.
Completely forgot to take swatches of all WIP fabrics before leaving NZ, but luckily did have some swatches with me in a notebook I always carry.
In no particular order:
  • green buttons match one of those swatches, couldn’t decide which style I liked best so hey! bought both
  • grey for coat fabric given to me by Auntie Muriel
  • black buttons are always useful
  • brown buttons either end because I liked them
  • buckles are for future projects
  • and how cute are the little two-toned cream and brown buttons in the centre.
There was just so much stock; I had to giggle when I opened a box and found a note inside “Didn’t get to this box - ran out of time!” I know the feeling.
Next time, just wait until next time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Buttonmania is amazing isn't it?! You made a great selection, very pretty, I particularly like the deep green ones on the left and the rectangular cream/brown buttons.

I have to get back over there sometime soon! Last time I visited it was sale season too, I was so excited, went to Cleggs and The Fabric Store, I love buttons and fabric as souvenirs! ;)

juxtapose nz said...

It's crazy good, and the ladies are lovely and so helpful. They had their storeroom open too with huge trestle tables jam packed with bins of buttons, etc. which you were able to trawl through at your leisure, but the back room with boxed buttons crammed into floor to ceiling shelves was absolute nirvana. Kicking myself I forgot to take all my fabric swatches.